Saturday, September 1, 2018

Hahnemühle and Procreate #procreate #procreateart #hahnemühle #hahnemühlebamboo

Alice Hendon, Procreate app on the iPad artwork
 I am really having trouble getting motivated
to tangle. Zentangle. Meh. 
A lot of the zen has disappeared.
So I have been playing with the Procreate App
on my iPad. 
You know. Until the 'zen' makes a reappearance.
Above is Cherryl Moote's new tangle called
It is addictive and really easy to draw. 
One block leads to another.
You know? I just realized that all this art
is tangled. Maybe I am just having trouble
sitting down putting pen to paper???
Alice Hendon, Procreate app on the iPad artwork
I worked on this one last night.
I used a fun background I made on a piece of
and imported it into Procreate.
Want to see how I made the background?
Click here and read about the project in my product review of this awesome Bamboo Mixed Media paper from Hahnemühle. 
Alice Hendon, Procreate app on the iPad artwork
 I set Procreate up to design in symmetrical radial
and started making lines. 
I love how whatever I draw in one section replicates
itself into the other 7 sections automatically. 
And I can change brushes and pen colors and line thicknesses.
Alice Hendon, Procreate app on the iPad artwork
 The hardest part for me is segueing from lines to curves.
But I managed just fine. 
I went from my own tangle pattern stack
 to another tangle of mine called
Those cute little dandelion puff balls are a
brush in the program. Everything else I drew. 
I am noticing when I use the iPad to create
I am not incorporating printemps.
That is kind of weird. 
And strange. 
Oh well. 
Alice Hendon, Procreate app on the iPad artwork
Here is my finished project all zoomed in so
you can see it better. 
And it all started with some 
Hahnemühle Bamboo -
which you can purchase here
I love it!
Mixing paper art with digital art.
It is a win/win all around. 

4 comments:

  1. On these hot summer days it kind of reminded me of snowflakes and it cooled right down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah - I thought that was a drawn Dandelion tangle, not a brush!! I love how the black & white linework interacts with that deep purple background. Now that Hexonu tangle looks great fun & it's fascinating seeing its simple lines over all those layers you placed in the background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hexonu is a lot of fun and there are so many ways to draw it so it looks different. I need to play with this one some more :)

      Delete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).