Monday, September 3, 2018

Playing With Acrylics in my Hahnemühle Books #hahnemühle #dinawakleyacrylics

Alice Hendon, Dina Wakley Acrylic Paints on Bristol Smooth
  Part of a morning warmup.
I used Bristol Smooth paper from Strathmore
and swirled on some cabbage roses. 
All the pieces in this post were made with
Alice Hendon, Dina Wakley Acrylic Paints on Bristol Smooth
Added in some leaves and tendrils.
Probably not finished,
I will most likely come back and add more
elements to all these pieces.
Alice Hendon, Dina Wakley Acrylic Paints on Bristol Smooth
 Another piece on the Bristol Smooth.
Some of the same colors, just in different
combinations. And apparently no leaves or
tendrils. Hahaha! Just now noticing that.
I can add those. 
Alice Hendon, Dina Wakley Acrylic Paints on Bristol Smooth
 I took some square shots so I could post them
on Instagram. 
I can see some black pen work coming for this one.
Alice Hendon, Dina Wakley Acrylic Paints in the Hahnemühle Kraft Book
 Then I moved into my
I love this paper! 
I did a complete review of it here
It just felt like a swirly day, so I worked
on printemps - incomplete. 
Lines and white dots. 
Alice Hendon, Dina Wakley Acrylic Paints in the Hahnemühle Kraft Book
And the square post for Instagram.
Dina's paint worked great on this paper.
The Kraft Book pages are 55 lbs, but I was
working wet paint onto a dry surface.
No additional water and the paper handled
the paint wonderfully. 
The Kraft Book can be purchased here
and here
And in my review I used a whole bunch
of other art tools and techniques. 
Alice Hendon, Dina Wakley Acrylic Paints in the Hahnemühle Grey Book
 I wanted to see if I could get similar results with
the Grey Book from Hahnemühle
Paper in the grey book is 55 lbs. - the same as in 
the Kraft Book.
Alice Hendon, Dina Wakley Acrylic Paints in the Hahnemühle Grey Book
Again, I was working wet paint onto a dry surface.
I did actually cover the entire page with rolled on
ink before I started, but that paint dried super fast.
I had no problems with the paper at all -
it handled this color great. 
I did use a bit more paint to get some texture,
and as it dried I had little bumpy warps
on the back side, but that fixed itself with the
book closed.
I  haven't reviewed the Grey Book yet,
but it is coming so stay tuned!
So far I like it a lot!
The Grey Book can be purchased here and here.

Now, onto making more squiggles and roses
and hey! I'm working on a sail boat, too!
And it's on a Hahnemühle paper!
Be sure to check out the art books from
You won't find any better anywhere.
I promise. 

4 comments:

  1. I so love all your creative work with colors and designs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is a lot of fun! I appreciate your company so much and I love all the product. bold, bright color works great on Hahnemühle papers!

      Delete
  2. Well it didn't take too long for Printemps to reappear!! I knew you'd have withdrawal symptoms. Your cabbage roses are super & I must admit to having rather a partiality to leaves - interesting how different the two cabbage rose pieces look, just shows how much difference those tendrils & leaves make. Now is it that we're used to seeing roses with leaves & tendrils so our eyes react when they're missing & the roses appear incomplete........hmmm???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha! probably! these were fun and I had to scroll back and look for the printemps, I didn't even realize I did those

      Delete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).