Sunday, June 10, 2018

Days 67 and 68 and a Luna #the100dayproject #hahnemühle #zentangleallaround

Hahnemühle Bamboo Mixed Media and schmincke watercolors, Alice Hendon
 I had some fun the last couple days playing with
Schmincke watercolors and 
This particular pad of Bamboo is 3.1" x 4.1" - 
small enough to play with and get a feel for
the paper, 
and large enough to actually accomplish something. 
Above is Day 67 of The 100 Day Project
Some days color is all I can accomplish. 
And I do love me some bright color!
From the new limited edition 
pure yellow, chrome yellow deep, transparent
orange, ruby red, sap, phthalo green,
helio cerulean, and French ultramarine. 
Went on really smooth with my water brush
and the colors flow into each other really well.
AD markers from Chartpak on Hahnemühle Bamboo Mixed Media, Alice Hendon
 This piece was really fun!
For day 68, I used AD Markers from Chartpak.
They are an alcohol marker with a really 
strong smell, matched only by their
brightness and boldness.
I love the colors so much!
I thought I would be able to move them around
some with a water brush, but that did not work.
So I pulled out a blender and smoothed out some
lines that way, then used the tip to make
those little corn row shaped patterns over
the rows of color.
Love this one!
bleed through AD markers from Chartpak on Hahnemühle Bamboo Mixed Media, Alice Hendon
 And I got a bonus piece!
My first ever bleed through to make a
bleedthrumanade ala Sandra Strait!
This is the back side and I like it almost
as much as the front.
Can't wait to try some more of this Bamboo
paper with some other types of media. 
nice Luna Moth got inside the house in Maine, Alice Hendon, we released it back outside
Last night Mark opened the door for us to go
outside and this guy flew right in past us.
This is a Luna Moth. 
We had them in Florida and I am always
surprised when I see one here in Maine. 
This Luna was about 6" across the wings.
She posed sweetly for some photos,
then Mark got a step ladder,
caught her and released her back outdoors.

It's been a rough weekend.
Blog issues all day yesterday.
My friend Cindy was able to fix it this
morning and I was sooooo happy!
We grilled hamburgers yesterday -
they were yummy!
We need to do that more often!
Now I'm going to watch some more reruns from
Marvel's Agents of SHIELD
and tangle!
Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear the blog was causing trouble - so frustrating when you just want to get on. Fascinating to see the progression of your colour backgrounds & that corn rows one is fascinating - & the bleedthrumanade background is a delight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your faithfulness. We got half the blog problem solved. Will work on it more tomorrow. It’s my first ever bleedthrumanade. Can’t wait to tangle it.

      Delete
  2. The moth is a beauty - never seen anything like this. Now I know I've commented on every post to date so if the ether 'eats' my comments this time...................

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That nasty ether. It has been a pain for sure. Hopefully better tomorrow. This moth was awesome.

      Delete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).