Friday, June 8, 2018

Day 65 and 66 #the100dayproject #zentangleallaround #hahnemühle

 Yesterday I blogged about the colors I used to make this piece of art. 
I used Schmincke and Da Vinci watercolors. 
Schmincke has for a long time been my favorite brand. 
Da Vinci is pretty amazing, too!
Here is the piece I showed you yesterday.
I literally sat down with a water brush full of water,
some sample dots of color from the new Schmincke limited edition set, 
and a couple half pans of Da Vinci watercolor.
I swiped colors back and forth and blended some edges.
I left some edges rough and let the water 
just seep out onto the edges of the paper.
 That would bring us up to day 65 of
I used a Zebra Sarasa Fineliner and two of
the Sarasa Technical Pens to add some tangles. 
I really love how it turned out!
For day 66, I used some basic dime store colored pencils 
to add some highlights and shade to a few locations. 
Love it so much more now.
If you kind of squint and look at it through your eyelids,
it looks like a little smiling monster guy with a long beard.
It's awesome!
Hahahahaha!

I am working in a Bamboo Mixed Media book
from Hahnemühle
Review to be coming very soon. 

2 comments:

  1. Love that Airways with the Jetties on the left hand side & there are those Printemps I thought might be coming along.............

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Yep! I find myself starting every piece with printemps. I really like how this turned out. It started out with me just swishing color onto paper to see what shades and tones they were.

      Delete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).