Thursday, June 7, 2018

Day 64 #the100dayproject #zentangleallaround #hahnemühle

For day #64 of
I got to play with some new toys.
I started with a spiral pad of
Bamboo Mixed Media paper from Hahnemühle.
I purchased mine from Amazon.
My friend Jennifer McLean recently had the 
honor of choosing the colors for 
Wet Paint's new Schmincke's custom palette
Jennifer was able to send me some dots of
the colors to try out for myself.
(I have already ordered my full set of colors
in a wonderfully beautiful tin!)
So, while watching reruns of Marvel Agents of SHIELD 
a couple nights ago, I used a water brush 
and just started swooshing some color 
around a page in my Bamboo spiral book.
That bright pink is Opera Rose,
the pretty blue is cobalt turquoise.
That next shade of blue is helio cerulean. 
I even added some French ultramarine.

Jennifer also sent me some samples of
Da Vinci watercolors - I added some
quinacridone rose and permanent magenta.
I left this page sitting out overnight to
dry and this is the result.
I love it!
These colors are so yummy and 
look so incredible together.
And the Bamboo page handled all the water 
I used with no problem at all.
I tend to be a little heavy handed with the water,
even when using a water filled brush. 
Love my day 64 so much!
Now I am adding tangles and hope to show
you that tomorrow for day 65.

6 comments:

  1. I can see you had tons of fun with this - I've said it before but it's how you select the tangles to put where in the coloured areas that flummoxes me. Looking forward to seeing the next stage of this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One day I need to do a tutorial on tangle selection and placement.

      Delete
    2. That would be so so interesting.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting to see how the colours work side by side - can see your trademark use of bright colours here & if I'm not mistaken there might be some Printemps coming up............

    ReplyDelete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).