Wednesday, June 6, 2018

A Little Housekeeping

The past few months I have been thinking about making some changes to my blog.
I've talked with several people I look up to in 
the art industry and each has suggested
branding under my specific name. 
With my book business - hopefully - continuing on
and bringing new readers,
they say I will be easier to find using my
personal name. 
I've thought about it a lot.
The Creator's Leaf has memories.
It has a purpose. 
Do I really want to abandon that?
So this is what I've decided.
Effective yesterday, the web address will be
www.alicehendon.com
but I did not abandon all ties.
The previous addresses -
www.thecreatorsleaf.blogspot.com
and
www.thecreatorsleaf.com
have just been forwarded through to the
new address. 
Nothing has changed.
My mission is still the same.
To bring honor and glory to Him.
Over the new week or so a new topper will 
appear at the top of the page.
The background may take on a new look.
I really haven't gotten that far.
Hahaha!
These are major steps. 
Everyone who was subscribed before
should still be receiving the posts.
The Go Daddy guru named Justin
promised me that no one would be
left behind.
So here's to a little housekeeping.
Mostly just hoping it works. 

7 comments:

  1. Change is scary, but inevitable in business. Good luck with changes and know that we all will continue to stalk...I mean follow you for awesome ideas! 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! I certainly hope so. Would hate to lose track of my friends ❤️

      Delete
  2. I understand not wanting to leave The Creator's Leaf behind. But the fact is, you are one of the few people whose "alter ego" name I can put together with an actual person's name, and know they are the same person. There are so many in the Zentangle community whose real names are well known to me and "alter ego" names that are somewhat known to me but I can't put the two together. So it often means I won't "like" "follow" or otherwise show support, simply because I'm not sure who I'm supporting. All that said, I think it can only be a good thing to make it easier for people to find you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate it, Julie. It was a huge decision. I’ve been to events where people would greet me with “ you’re the creator’s leaf!!!” And it has been strange. But fun. I want them to know me by my name also.

      Delete
  3. All sounds like it's going in the right direction - all the best & hopefully it will all go smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so, I guess we will find out. Thank you for being my friend and always being here for me. It means a lot ❤️❤️❤️

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).