Friday, May 4, 2018

Days 29 - 31 of The 100 Day Project #the100dayproject #zentangleallaround #aroundtheworldthroughart

my first landscape for Around the World Through Art, Alice Hendon
is happening now over at Olga Furman's blog.
Here is a brief description taken straight from her wall:

Did you ever dream about traveling all around the world, but didn’t have a chance to do it yet? Or maybe you did travel, but miss it already?
We are inviting you to join us for one of a kind, amazing, exciting journey, Around The World Through Art!

WE WILL BE VISITING: 

POLAND, RUSSIA, SPAIN, MEXICO, INDIA, JAPAN, IRELAND, ITALY,  CHINA, CZECH REPUBLIC, NETHERLANDS, ISRAEL, USA: NEW YORK AND GEORGIA !rough sketch for my first landscape in Around the World Through Art, Alice Hendon

Our first stop?
New York city with the ever bright, bold and 
beautiful art of Robin Mead of
I've been a huge fan of Robin's vibrant and wonderful art for 
several years now and jumped at the chance
to join the world-wide art trip just because
Robin is involved.
That was enough for me.
And even better - Robin gave the first lesson.
A New York landscape as viewed by Robin 
as a child growing up. 
This was her daily view. 
And I love it!
Above is my rough penciled sketch.
I used a prototype 3.0 mm mechanical pencil
I am trying out for Leda Art Supply.
Worked great, nice smoothness allowing me to
put down soft lines that I could easily erase later.
This was my day #29 of
first landscape inked for Around the World Through Art, Alice Hendon
 I used a regular black sharpie to complete my lines.
Sharpies are permanent and do not smear when you
use wet media on top.
The tangler in me needed to thicken some lines
and add some curves.
adding watercolor to my first landscape in Around the World Through Art, Alice Hendon
 I used Schmincke watercolors to start adding color.
I love my schminckes so much, they are bright
and beautiful and rich and lush.
The above 2 photos were my day #30 of
The 100 Day Project.
my first landscape for Around the World Through Art, Alice Hendon
After many more layers of color,
I used a gray copic multiliner to add some faint tangles to the 
trees and around those rays of the sun.
A white UniBall Signo gel pen made highlights in 
the waves and accents in the trees.
So much fun!!!
Can't wait to do another.
This one is 8" x 8" on Stonehendge 100% Cotton.
The next one will be much larger and on
Hahnemühle Cézanne Hot Pressed.
My finished landscape was day #31 of
The 100 Day Project.

To learn more about 
and to sign up, just click that pink link.
I hope you will join us on our journey. 

Click here to learn more about

2 comments:

  1. Goodness - how you manage to keep up. Love the grey tangles & detail over the watercolour. That treelike is just magnificent & I love the rolling waves complete with surf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if truth be told I am falling further and further behind. it's getting hard to know what priorities to set. this was such a fun piece I need to try more with different colors.

      Delete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).