Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Line Dance Tangle Pattern

step outs to tangle pattern line dance, Alice hendon
Many of you will already recognize this
tangle pattern of mine called Line Dance.
I detailed the steps to this pattern all the
way back in 2015, when it was published in 
book in December of that year. 
step outs to tangle pattern line dance, Alice hendon
 This was a sketch I did when we were putting the
book together. It was an idea for what to do
when you are stuck in a tangle rut and don't
know what to do next.
The steps in the first photo and the one above were
drawn before I had my cataract surgery, so please
overlook the unevenness and bumpiness.
Hahaha! I had no idea!
But . . . we all know in zentangle, 
there are no mistakes.
art featuring tangle pattern line dance, Alice hendon
 I put this tangle together three years ago and have been using it in art ever since.
It is a really easy pattern that anyone can draw.
And that means you.
art featuring tangle pattern line dance, Alice hendon
 Here are some examples I tangled showing
various ways you can incorporate line dance.
art featuring tangle pattern line dance, Alice hendon
 You can see it is a versatile tangle. 
It fills areas, it sets areas apart,
it is fun and looks different every time.
art featuring tangle pattern line dance, Alice hendon
And here you see even more Line Dance. 
art featuring tangle pattern line dance, Alice hendon
It is always a good idea when you copy a
new pattern into your sketchbook or journal
to make a note of the tangle name and 
the designer.
It is considered courteous to give credit
when you can. 
art featuring tangle pattern line dance, Alice hendon
And I do believe Diana looks mighty fine standing 
in front of all that lovely Line Dance!
See? You can even tangle on art journal pages.
Hahaha! Yep!
art featuring tangle pattern line dance, Alice hendon
I want you to feel free to use my tangle
line dance. 
That is why I designed it and took the time
to draw all those little boxes -
even if my cataracts made them look
better than they do.

If you need a tangle place to hang out,
please come over to Facebook and check out
I would love to have you join us there!

8 comments:

  1. Love Line Dance! It is exactly what I need right now!
    Hate that you were taken advantage of - what is wrong with people? They will have to live with themselves and Karma - hope that is some solace to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Chris, I hope I didn't offend anyone. except maybe the right one. ;)

      Delete
  2. Extremely well put - sorry you have to do this though. Thank you for reminding me of a gorgeous pattern. I'm so badly behind with the 100 days......... argued with an uneven paving slab & have a black eye plus glued together temple........ Grateful it wasn't worse. Still can't work out why the paving stone got mad at me....... all I was doing was walking over it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry you got hurt, that sounds painful and dangerous. glad it wasn't worse. and that shows me how out of touch we are. I need to downsize obligations so I have more time for friends.

      Delete
  3. Very thankful you posted this as I was planning a class using this and an exercise from HQ Project Pack #2. So glad I can now give the proper credit! We all need to support our CZT community.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, we all need to stick together. thanks for commenting :)

      Delete
  4. Hello Alice! I've enjoyed drawing variations of Line Dance ever since you first put it "out here" for others to work with. While I draw greeting cards only for family and friends (that is, they aren't for sale, so the public never sees them), I strive to make sure the individual patterns are credited to their originators. Sometimes the backs of my cards are so "loaded" with names, both of the artists and their designs, the recipients wonder if I've written something in code back there :-).
    I hate the thought of anyone stealing anyone else's work--can't they at least acknowledge that they weren't the creator, but are happily using something another person came up with (and there is a group of "designers" on Pinterest that does plagiarize many of the patterns of Zentangle origin, each artist claiming is as their own under a new name)?
    I digress, however; they aren't going to change their ways, but they will eventually get caught in their wrongdoings, and will have to pay for it/them.
    Now I'm off my soapbox and back to drawing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments. I am totally aware of the group of people you are referring to. I’m trying to distance myself as far away from them as possible. I just want to sit in my little room and make beautiful art. Thanks again. It is good to hear from you

      Delete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).