Friday, November 20, 2015

Ringz, A New Tangle

Allow me to introduce you to a fun little tangle,
that is easy and joyful to make!
Ringz.
So named because of all the little rings I drew 
making this alien looking work of fun-ness.
I drew this in the Detroit airport during a layover flight.
I needed something easy to do as I balanced my sketchbook on my lap, along with my ipad and my earphones.
I had been obsessed with these little eyeballs and needed somewhere to use them,
and in the Detroit airport ringz was born.
Ringz is really very easy to tangle.
Start with a circle and start adding rings under that,
building one below the one before it.
I decided to make mine as arms extended from a central point.
Then I added the little wink of an eye at the end.
I began layering them with circles of various tangles.
And ringz just kind of took on a life of its own.
Hahaha! Another tangle I love right now is narwal.
Ringz, narwal, and printemps were made for each other!
Here I was going for some heavy contrast, so I pulled in another tangle of mine - 
patch - 
and filled those large circles with it.
Shading makes the big difference in this piece of art.
It's all about the details.
I would love to see what you do with ringz. 
Please give it a try and let me know what you think.

Also, I am going to be in Maine for the next nine days.
Hanging drapes and daydreaming in the new house.
I hope to have internet next week sometime, 
but blog posts may need to wait
till I get back home.
Have a great week!
The Creator's Leaf

3 comments:

  1. We'll have our memories while your away................stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great fun - I like the way your far right image in the step outs box looks like an illustration with a shadow!
    Enjoy your home-making. I'm rehanging curtains in the office when the last coats of paint are dry.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).