Saturday, August 3, 2013

Never QUIT!

If we are honest with ourselves, I expect a great many of us struggle with self doubt. Struggle with the question, am I any good, do I really have any talent at all?  I know as I am constantly trying new art techniques, new methods, new product, I frequently wonder if I have any talent at all, or am I just playing at making art. I have recently figured out (but often forget) that it doesn't matter if I really have any talent, any artful inclinations, as long as I am creating something - I am happy. And that's what really counts. 

Today I was reading through emails, and I came across my daily post from Cloth, Paper, Scissors. I have to tell you that most of the time I just look at the pictures and only read the article if there is a photo that interests me. Today I started reading a story about a lady who wrote in asking, "how do you know if your art sucks so bad you should just give up?" Then the editor/story writer pulled out some comments from various readers, and one really stood out in my mind. I guess because it's the way I would respond. I don't tend to be all wordy, and proficient at big words (this is one of the longest posts I've ever written), and heartfelt sentiments. So I loved that the reader simply said, "Never QUIT! Avenge the naysayers!" And I totally agree! Let's go do some avenging.

The Creator's Leaf

2 comments:

  1. QUIT?
    How'd d'you do that?
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alice. Great post. Just for the record, I think your very creative and artistic, but I agree that the important thing is that your're actually creating and you're happy doing it. That's something I need to remember. Thanks for sharing it. Linda E.

    ReplyDelete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).