Friday, August 2, 2013

A Little More Color

Last night I posted a sneak peek of a project I was working on. Here is the finished art. As a reminder, the colors were washed on first - using a simple watercolor pans kit from the toy aisle at Wal-Mart. You can get some really pretty colors. Then I used a Pitt Artist Pen for the linework. I hadn't used girdy or hibred in awhile. I also used two of my patterns - pipez and crete. You can find the step outs for those two in "My Patterns" at the top of this page. I love Margaret Bremner's copada tangle and use it frequently. 

After I posted last night, someone asked me about crete. That pattern was based on cinder blocks/concrete blocks. There was a time when my children were breaking concrete blocks with a hammer fist in karate, so we have several of them sitting around the yard. Crete looks a lot like those blocks. Why don't you give it a try and see what you come up with?

The Creator's Leaf

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have been waiting to hear from you :).