Tuesday, August 6, 2013

My Time is Winding Down

My visit to Kali's is almost at an end. I start the drive home in three days. The remaining two days here at the apartment will be spent with Kali working and attending class from 9:30 AM - 10:00 PM each day. So we ran errands together this morning and grocery shopped. Now she's off to class for the night. I honestly don't know how she keeps up the pace. She's getting tired and a bit run down, which usually doesn't end well. On the positive side, she has a week break in classes coming up in about a month!

Postcard number six! I had never tried any of these patterns before. Kandysnake, Kandy Ribnz, Navajo, and one of mine called Pillows. I may change the name on that one before I include it in the ebook. (This reminds me of a roller coaster and amusement park.) I really like the colors in this one - again with the Derwent Graphitint Pencils. They are water soluble and work like watercolor, for the most part. This postcard swap is a lot of fun!

The Creator's Leaf

4 comments:

  1. It sounds as if Kali will need the break - especially as she's working so hard so soon after the accident too. The Graphitint pencils are my wish list already! Take care with the driving too.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alice can you explain what makes the graphitint pencils different and/or better than regular watercolor pencils?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'll try, caren, derwent made the graphitint pencils to accompany your graphite drawings. i don't draw in graphite, so i use them with my microns. with graphite, if you use them dry they give just a hint of color. i use them wet, which brings out a richer, more vibrant color. (all that came from the derwent page.) my favorite watercolor pencil is definitely the derwent inktense. you just can't beat their bright, intense color. the graphitints give me a softer, more subtle color. and they are more neutral in color selection - no bright pinks and purples and lime greens, just basic colors with rich tints. does this help?

      Delete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).