Thursday, June 20, 2013

Nature ATC Swap

ATCs have been really big lately. Currently we are in the midst of a nature ATC swap. These swaps are a lot of fun! For this particular CZT swap, we decided to forego the "black and white" restriction, and let anything work. Color, mixed media, attachments - anything we wanted to do. Anything that said "nature" to us.
You know I've really been having lots of fun with these gardens lately. That theme mixes excellently with our nature swap theme, so I drew several garden pictures. I loved this little wooden mushroom that I attached with a pop dot.
For those of you who might now know, ATC stands for artist trading card. They are little bits of art, measuring 2 1/2" x 3 1/2", that you typically make to exchange with other artists of like minds.
In my last post, I told you that I had just returned home from spending three weeks with Kali following her auto accident. I drew most of these ATCs while I was at her home. 
It was really fun figuring out what to draw and prepare with so little supplies on hand. 
I really love these little felt flowers. So much so, that I made two similar ATCs.
I just love the mix of these tangles with the flowers.
Then, to fill in with other nature-related thoughts, like the ruff and eye of this dragon :).
Or this little Arctic fellow.
And then there were these Floridian types of nature. Had to share these, didn't I?
Maybe more than one.
I love this little guy. I had a hard time sending him on to his new owner!
You know, we have a lot of these little guys in Florida!
One of my favorites - a Floridian sunrise over the ocean!
I had the occasional "just because" ATC, like this fun little brad owl!
Did I mention I love this little flower set? From K & Company, I got a whole bunch of flowers - about 20 - for next to nothing on sale. So pretty and delicate.
I wish this picture was more in focus, but I am including it anyway. The nature swap was a lot of fun. I have all my ATCs completed and in the mail. Most have already reached their new homes. And I'm receiving some pretty cool ATCs in return. Gotta love it! This is so much fun!

The Creator's Leaf

3 comments:

  1. My goodness Alice - you certainly had lots of tangling practice & I love the little geckos particularly - I have a stencil (still unused) which I MUST get out to play with.
    Hope you have a lovely weekend.
    R still recovering from knee surgery so I'm on lawn & woodland maintenance duty plus slug patrol.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome... bravooo.... love it !!!!
    i am speechless

    ReplyDelete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).