Monday, August 6, 2012

Newness on the Horizon

Last week I posted about some watercolor fun I was having. I took one of those tiles and drew this sunflower. Lots of things going on in my life right now - kind of stressful. There is a lot of things I need to be doing and not enough time to complete them all. Last night I was just feeling the stress a little too much, so I stopped everything so I could draw. Used several new patterns - found a couple I really like. If you aren't familiar with it, this art style is called zentangle.

I found out about zentangle in April - just 4 months ago. I love it! Since then I have drawn everything you see on this blog - with the exception of 2 or 3 posts attributed to other artists. I've established a facebook page for The Creator's Leaf, and set up this blog. I've been trying to streamline things, looking ahead towards branding, and wanted some changes. My friend Cindy (who is incredibly awesome!) is re-constructing my blog, making it more streamlined, more pulled together.

Saturday I fly to Rhode Island where I will be attending training from the founders of Zentangle. When I come home I will be a certified zentangle trainer - a CZT. Kind of nervous about the training - I won't know a soul there. But it should be loads of fun and I hope to learn alot! So expect some new things soon. Some newness on our horizon. For sure! And a big thank you! to those of you who follow this blog, or follow The Creator's Leaf on facebook, you are truly appreciated!

The Creator's Leaf

6 comments:

  1. I hope you have a wonderful time being trained. I hadn't realized you are that new to tangling - I'm just looking through your posts from the start & have been so encouraged to keep going myself. I really thought you had years of artistic experience - I love coming to visit & seeing what you do with colour.
    All the best.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, paula, for that wonderful compliment! i don't usually say it out loud - but i'm just playing and having fun. usually i don't have a clue what i'm doing - i just go for it! i really enjoy your art also - i am enjoying your progress - and i really need to check out that chocolate group you mentioned on your blog :)

      Delete
  2. How exciting for you Alice...I'm sure once you take your first step through the door you'll be fine. It's always a little daunting joining something new for the first time especially if it's out of your comfort zone, but just remember everyone there has a huge thing in common...they're all creative zentangle artists! That's got to give off heaps of fantastic karma.
    I can't wait to hear all about it and see what you've be up to.
    Good Luck...take a deep breath and jump right in...you'll love it I'm sure ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i will indeed take that deep breath, haha! probably hyperventilate! i hope to come home with lots of pictures and lots of new ideas :)

      Delete
  3. what fun with splashes of watercolor ... love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i definitely enjoy watercoloring - i love to mix up the colors and see what i get - sometimes it is not so pretty, but usually it turns out nice.

      Delete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).