Friday, July 27, 2012

Mi2 - The Diva's Challenge #80

iamthedivaczt Photobucket
I Am the Diva - I love this lady's blog! She is a wife, and a mom of two very active little guys. She is a certified trainer for Zentangle, and she gives and gives from her heart to the Zentangle community. Laura, you are an inspiration to me! Thank you for all the work you do for us!


This week's challenge was to use the pattern Mi2 - that's the one you see waving across the bottom half of my tile above. Gotta say I wasn't excited about this challenge. I've tried Mi2 before - those tiles are long since visiting the county dump. But, I stuck with it this time - I mean, Laura asked us so nicely - and the above pic is what I came up with. I am satisfied with the way Mi2 turned out, although I won't be rushing myself to check it out again any time soon. Hahaha! Also included in the tile are pokeleaf, pokeroot, fescu, and beadlines. You can see everyone's Mi2 offerings at Laura's page here. You could even draw one yourself and show it us :). I would love to see it!

24 comments:

  1. Your tile reminds me of a garden walk, complete with growing flowers. Mi2 is a pain for me too (no pun intended). But you have done a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, cathy, this is a hard pattern, but i think it's worth the effort :)

      Delete
  2. Ooo--I love this Alice! It feels rather swimmy! Nicely done with your Mi2 and I really love the color! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, dawn! i just realized today that you have a separate blog for tangles. i don't think i knew that.

      Delete
  3. This is really beautiful! You dis a great job with Mi2.

    Annemarie Huijts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much annemarie! i appreciate you being so good to always leave me a comment :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. thanks, dilip, i appreciate your kind comment. i'm hoping you have good news to share with us soon about your dad :)

      Delete
  5. I like how you have carried the lines of Mi2 into other tangles. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for visiting, joyce, and thanks for your comments :)

      Delete
  6. Alice, I was just reading your comment on Becky's blog where you said your own Mi2 "looks painful" - well I'm here to tell you it certainly does not! It's fabulous! I love your composition, it looks to me like a cross-section through a village pond, with the poke-leaf and other plants poking through the water. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! thanks! that's funny - thank you for letting me know it's not as bad as i was thinking :)

      Delete
  7. I love the sense of growth that you have encompassed in this & your circular design. The idea of Pokeroot one end leading to Pokeleaf at the other is quite brilliant.
    Thanks also for mentioning the Inspiration Avenue's Challenge - I'd not come across that before.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alice this is stunning. I obviously haven't a clue about Mi2 but I think you nailed it!
    There's obviously so much more to this than I ever imagined.
    Have a wonderful weekend ~ enjoy ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lots of fun, neesie, but this one was really tough! i hope you have a great weekend, too!

      Delete
  9. The ground in this garden will grow only beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your tenacity certainly paid off. This is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, daniele, haha! thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment :)

      Delete
  11. AND i got your comment 1st try :) - looks like you got it straightened out - thanks for coming by - i appreciate you!

    ReplyDelete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).