Thursday, July 26, 2012

Catch Up Time, Zendala Dare #14

The Bright Owl
Photobucket
Not sure why, but my life has been a little hectic lately. Last week I was busy building a new facebook page The Creator's Leaf and working on this blog - trying to make it more professional. Crazy times! Cause I sure don't know what I'm doing. Anyway, I missed last week's Zendala Dare :(. Above is the template Erin gave us to work with.
Photobucket
I found this template a real challenge. As I was staring at it last night - trying to think, "what circular patterns do I know?" and it dawned on me that this could be one big gear! Yay! Steampunk! So this is what I did with Erin's template. Lots of fun! I started with the center gear, then expanded the metal arms along the sides of the smaller circles in the template. The large circles at the top made up a bunch of screws and fittings. Add in some pipes and a wall in the background, then liberally wash some watercolors around. Ta-da!

Patterns are pretty much ones I made up: geerz, barz, pipez, and a wall :). Color from Derwent Inktense Pencils, a Pitt Artist Marker, and  Pentel Slicci pen. Check out all the zendalas that were done on time at The Bright Owl.

4 comments:

  1. Great Zendala, i like the background!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, claudia, i love drawing these! thanks for stopping by and for leaving me a comment :)

      Delete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).