Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Cadent Quilted Cat

Photobucket
I watched a Suzanne McNeil video recently where she used a stencil to trace a rabbit, then tangled some patterns on it. I have a stencil of a cat, so I thought I'd give it a try. Traced this out last night - the outline - then filled it with patterns. I spread around some metallic kids' water color paints for a background. (I'm about out of these - I wish I knew where  bought them, but that was years ago.) I like the way it looks here, but thought it needed something else.
Photobucket
One of the challenges this week is to use the pattern cadent. I had never drawn it before. I thought it looked really hard. I also thought it would be perfect for a quilted background. So tonight - after a marathon of doctor trips today - I added the background in with a purple micron. Might I say cadent is exceedingly easy to draw. Of course, I didn't do anything fancy with it. I don't think this particular picture needs fancy. There's something wonderful about a simple country quilt and a nice warm, fuzzy kitty!

2 comments:

  1. I like your zentangled cat and the quilt pattern. Adding the background color was just right. Nicely done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, I truely love the cadent pattern it can be hard to make look neat but you did a great job. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).