Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Diva Challenge #68: the Duo-Tangle

iamthedivaczt Photobucket
Each week, the Diva gives us a challenge and sends us to work! This week's challenge was to make a duo-tangle, using the patterns Strircles and Hybrid only. No other patterns, just these two. I started with a zendala - kind of liking these now. Now that I'm not afraid of them anymore! (Thank you, Erin!) It kind of reminds me of this huge star with a lot of little moons circling it! Haha!
Photobucket
Then I pulled out a square zentangle tile and drew this. (I forgot to shade, so I added the shading in photoshop just before I posted this.) The strircle pattern is just determined to remind me of the solar system! I think I'll keep working with this idea of the two patterns. I'm still new at this - I'd like to rev it up and get more detailed and intricate. Coming up with the ideas is the hard part for me! I keep looking online, and studying other artist's work, hopefully the ideas will start coming :). Please visit the Diva's page here to check out the other tiles, and even consider posting one of your own! 

20 comments:

  1. Both are super nice. I really like the little bit of color in the second one and the symmetrical feel of the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both great. I love the angles and dimension of the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work, Alice. Linda E.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them both especially the first. So amazing that the simplest zentangles are the best. PS I love the name of your blog. :)

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. These came out so simple and strong. You made it look easy while I was struggling to figure it out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yeah! They are very look alai
    Your joob is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are both fantastic, Alice! It's hard to do a zentangle with only two patterns! Have fun with your zentangles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both are lovely! You did such a nice job interpreting the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are both wonderful but I especially love the top one! Good eye!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice, I especially like your zendala. I need to get brave and try one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also like the zendala. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful job on both of them! Love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your zendala and how you adapted hybrid to it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My fav is the first one - I love the way hybrid works out into the diamonds! Both are bold and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both are lovely but the first one is my fav

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very nice. I like the second one a little better, but both are great.

    ReplyDelete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).