Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Dangles and Vertical Patterns

Photobucket
So, I'm practicing, drawing, and learning as much as I can about this interesting art of zentangle. When I started researching, one of the first things I did was scour amazon.com looking for books on the art. 
Photobucket
One of the first books I grabbed was Zenspirations - Letters and Patterning by Joanne Fink. This book has a lot of great ideas and step-by-steps for frames and lettering. And, on page eleven,  Joanne talks about dangles and vertical patterns. In this style you use geometric shapes as building blocks for your patterns. You can use a lot of different ideas in dangles. Just give it a shot and draw whatever comes to mind! The top photo is my first dangle. My only one so far. I drew this in my smash journal. I think next I am going to draw one on a zentangle tile and see how that works out. For those of you who aren't familiar with these tiles - they are 3 1/2" squared. I am going to have to be pretty creative! Stay tuned! In the meantime, why not try a dangle of your own? email it to me and I'll post it here on The Creator's Leaf!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alice, checking out your whole blog tonight because i am way behind in leaving comments on all the tangles from last Mondays challenge. I love your first tangle with the verticals. It is so beautiful, delicate and inspiring. All that you have down up to day seem like you are a natural. Ii was interested in the steampunk. What does that term mean exactly? I have heard it a lot lately, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh my this is so beautiful! I can't wait to see more, I believe this style really fits you!

    ReplyDelete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).