Thursday, September 6, 2018

Mixing Hahnemühle With the Procreate App #hahnemühle #hahnemühlecézanne #procreateapp #hahnemühlebamboo

Alice Hendon, Procreate App art on imported backgrounds I made on Hahnemühle papers
 This is an awesome background I made using
Bamboo Mixed Media paper from 
I used loads of water, blotted and mopped up,
then added more water and shimmer spray.
I also used a heat gun to make the heat rings.
Lots of working on this sheet of paper with tools
and it held up like a champ!
No problem with warping, pilling, or shredding.
And I love the bright, brilliant color.
Alice Hendon, Procreate App art on imported backgrounds I made on Hahnemühle papers
 I loved it so much that I imported it into the 
Procreate App on my iPad and tangled up
this mandala. I am still learning the program,
there is sooooo much you can do with Procreate.
And I still have my original sheet of color that
I can use for something else. 
I used tangle patterns: betweed, shattuck and flux.
Alice Hendon, Procreate App art on imported backgrounds I made on Hahnemühle papers
 This is a 12" x 16" sheet of 
Cézanne Hot Pressed Mould Made Watercolor paper
from Hahnemühle
For color I used a couple shades of the
Dylusions Ink Sprays and a lot of water.
Yep. 
That's my signature move - lots of water.
And a heat gun to make rings, drips and runs. 
I love that this sheet is so large and it looks
beautiful! 
Because it was originally on a block of
paper - that means it is glued on all 4 sides - 
I was able to leave it attached to the block 
until it was completely dry. And it stayed flat. 
Yayayay!!!
Alice Hendon, Procreate App art on imported backgrounds I made on Hahnemühle papers
I also uploaded this paper into the Procreate App
and tangled up a little underwater scene. 
Hahahahaha! 
I don't know where you'd have to go
to find a red and orange ocean,
but this is my underwater scene
and I'm sticking with it!
I used nebula, printemps, Indy Rella
ripped screen and a hybrid tangle I'm working on. 

I am really enjoying loading my backgrounds into 
the app and using them without actually drawing
on the original piece of art. That way I can use
the backgrounds again and again for other things.
Although I totally see myself tangling up this large
sheet of paper at some point. 

Hahnemühle has so many amazing types of paper
to draw or paint or print on. 
You can check them out at their website

The Bamboo Mixed Media can be purchased here
Cézanne Hot Pressed can be purchased here

And . . . if you are new to my blog, 
this is easy to remember 
pink = link. 

4 comments:

  1. Terrific - can see the advantages of keeping background for using time & again. Love your ocean especially with swimming indyrella & printemps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm going to do a step out for that swimming printemps thingy. I like it :)

      Delete
  2. When you import it do you mean you photo it and then use it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes. I have the background saved in my camera roll. then in procreate I open a new file, click on image and import it through there.

      Delete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).