Saturday, September 8, 2018

Diva Challenge #365 She's Back! #divachallenge

Alice Hendon, Diva Challenge 365 Back to Basics, Zentangle tile
Do you follow Laura Harms at
Each week for the past 7 years -
yes, I said 7 years -
Laura has given the tangling world a challenge.
Something specific to tangle up -
something to stretch us and help us
learn new techniques.
Laura took the summer off - a much deserved break!
And this week I was excited to see she is back!
This week's challenge is #365 and Laura's
challenge to us was to go back to basics.
Go back to our tangle roots.
Use the four dots and a string and use
some basic, easy tangles.
So I did.
I hadn't done a Diva Challenge in a loooong time,
my life has gotten too busy.
And I really don't want to 'just' tangle lately.
So I guess going back to basics was a super idea.
Here is my basic tile -
Laura suggested a 3.5" title.
Yeah, my eyes don't do 3.5" so well anymore
so I tangled a 4.5" square.
For tangles, I used hollibaugh as my string which 
I filled with printemps and crescent moon.
Shaded and called it done!

Want to check out all the Back to Basics tiles?
Head on over to Laura's here.
Leave some love in the comments section
and feel free to join along. 

6 comments:

  1. Very nice tangle. Sometimes the basics are good review. Hope you have a super weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Debbie! I've had a hard time doing straight up tangling lately, so this was perfect for me. I hope you have a great weekend, too, thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. Love the way your Hollibaugh has such dimension & wraps around like a pillow. Printemps - definitely your signature on those!! I saw her post & thought it a brilliant idea going back to basics in order to get back into the groove. Think you pretty much have a colourful groove of your own à la Creator's Leaf!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! thank you! I prefer my color over black on white but it is nice once in a great while to go back and visit. hehehehe!

      Delete
  3. Lovely! Great idea to make Hollibaugh the string, and then to fill in the areas with Printemps and Crescent Moon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sidney. This was a fun challenge 😊

      Delete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).