Monday, August 27, 2018

ATC Letter O Swap #ATC #artisttradingcards #gelliprint #santoro

Alice Hendon, letter O ATC swap, my theme is Ocean
 One of the groups I belong to on Facebook - 
is gearing up to do a trade with the theme of
Letter O.
We can trade with two people.
Can you guess my theme?
Alice Hendon, letter O ATC swap, my theme is Ocean
Hahaha! Hopefully my theme is obvious!
I know these pictures will appear large on the
computer screen, keep in mind ATCs are 2.5" x 3.5"
pieces of art. You have to figure out what you can
fit into that small amount of space that
will reflect the theme. 
For both cards I started with gelli print pulls
I did on water color paper.
I used a stencil and left a bunch of previous
paint on my plate, making some really 
cool looking bubbles.
Inked the edges with a teal StayzOn ink pad,
then tangled some airways, printemps and
Shading is graphite, highlights is a white
gelly roll pen. 
The sweet little mermaid was part of the
cardboard packaging for some Santoro stamps.
The O tiles, glass flowers and cute little charms were 
stuck down with glue dots. Then I put them into
baseball card sleeves to protect them.
An hour's worth of work at tops.
Can't wait to see who I get to send them to!
And where!

I'm looking forward to being part of this group.
Now I just have to find the time.

2 comments:

  1. The first is my favourite - it's those Indyrella & the way the seahorse charm is facing the mermaid figure. I love the way you've made two the same but different. Can see you had a lot of fun with these & they've got your unmistakeable signature style on them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the first is my favorite, too. I only had one seahorse or they would be basically the same. hahaha! finally - something I can use all those gelli prints for :)

      Delete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).