Friday, July 15, 2016

New Tangle Pattern Airways

 I like to use flowers in my tangling,
but not strictly for the floral aspect.
Sometimes I want my work to be
"representative" of something specific.
Say a dragon.
Most of the time I don't want it to be representative
of anything specific, but a floral design
would work well with the other tangles.
 And even when I design something that looks
representative,
I like it to be comprised of legit tangles.
The center of airways is called ripped screen.
Circling that is a band of tagh.
The outer arms are a more organized version of
an original zentangle pattern called mysteria.
 There are plenty of ways to switch up airways.
And plenty of ways to use it.
Not to mention plenty of places to tangle it up.
This is a wall in my studio.
Still have a long way to go on it,
but airways is making a real difference with it
so far. 
And then there were all those Valentine's Day
ATCs I made and swapped. 
Airways.
Have fun and give it a try.
I'd love to see what you do with it.
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

8 comments:

  1. I love this. I will definitely be trying it. Nice that you kept it original using tangles. I missed ripped screen and will have to check that one out. I will work on this, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like the Airways tangle...a LOT!! Thanks for sharing it.

    I came here because this site was listed as "Thursday string idea" on someone else's site, and I was hoping that you list a string challenge each Thursday. Do you do that? It's a challenge I would take part in each week, if you did.

    Have a great weekend,
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's me, although I've gotten sidetracked. I manage a Facebook group called Zentanlge All Around. I publish a weeks worth of strings each week, so at the end of the year we will have 366 total. I'll try to get back into the habit of posting here, too

      Delete
    2. Thank you for your reply, I appreciate it. Headed to Facebook to see the group!!

      Joyce

      Delete
  3. Love this one Alice! Didn't realize you're in Linneus, ME! I'm from Island Falls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's close by, I even know where it is 😊

      Delete
  4. Terrific the way you've made Airways from various separate tangles - it's terrifically effective & can give so many different 'looks' to itself. Thanks for the explanatory post.

    ReplyDelete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).