Wednesday, November 29, 2017

One String, Two Tiles #zebrapen

 The challenge here is to draw a string.
That would be the pencil lines that you lay out on the tile.
You will use those lines to place your tangle
patterns in.
Take that one string and repeat it on a second tile.
Now you have one string drawn on two separate tiles.
 Take the two tiles with the same string and start placing your tangles.
Each of the two tiles should be different.
Above you see the first tile I did. 
You can still follow the string,
although you don't have to strictly adhere to the string.
The tangles I used are:
over and under (a new tangle of my own),
 Then I took the second tile and tangled it.
Totally different patterns, totally different look. 
I think this is my favorite one.
I used: coral (my own pattern), MySwing, tipple and showgirl
As usual I used my Sarasa Fineliner from Zebra Pen on both tiles.
It's pretty much all I use these days. 
I like seeing them side by side.
Shading really brings out the best parts
and makes our tiles more 3Dish,
they have more texture and depth.
Such a great challenge.
I'd love to see what you do with it.

4 comments:

  1. Great challenge! I love both of your tiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks <3 it's interesting to see how totally different they end up being. haha! I had to put the first one in my desk drawer while I tangled the second - just to be sure.

      Delete
  2. Fascinating to see these side by side. You always seem to manage some creatures - a large caterpillar takes centre stage in the first, though he's a bit apprehensive crawling all over that wire fence. Love the jelly fish top left in the second, maybe he's escaping the giant squid's tentacle in case it gets hold of him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha! I LOVE IT! they look exactly like that! certainly not planned. it just happened <3

      Delete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).