Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Old Becomes New

 There is a wave rolling through Facebook.
It is a wave that rolls through about twice a year.
It is called the 5 Day Art Challenge.
Basically someone 'nominates' you for the honor and,
in response, you post a piece of your art each
day for 5 days in a row.
In that post you designate someone else to
carry on the challenge.
Currently I am in day 3 of my 5 day run.
These two pieces of watercolor art were my first 
attempts at watercolor back in 2012. 
I think the first one with the flowers is prettier,
but the bottom one with the pigs and birds is my favorite.
Both are in a 3" x 5" watercolor moleskine.
For color I used a couple basic Michael's kids' section
pan watercolor sets. 
The little birds and pigs idea was copied almost directly from 
a piece by Lori Vliegen, with her permission.
I know they aren't great, fantastic quality,
but they were such fun to create.
I really need to get back to this again.


The Creator's Leaf

1 comment:

  1. I can see you had fun with these. I love the flowers particularly - watercolour isn't as easy as it looks but it certainly is fun to see what happens & how it behaves.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).