Thursday, October 1, 2015

One Great Big Dream Come True!

It has been an amazing, quick, exciting seven days!
 On September 24, 2015, Ina hit the send button and our book 
Tangle It! Journal 
was submitted to Create Space for publication.
So exciting!!!
We literally built this entire book through Facebook chat, 
a Facebook group, and email.
We never talked to each other live.
We never did a face to face.
The whole book came together through
internet technology.
Awesome!
And this was the full cover.
In the color it is supposed to be - haha!

While we waited to see what the reaction to our book would be, 
I made an author's page on Amazon.
We are still putting all the behind-the-scenes touches together.
Never in a million years would I have believed that one day 
I would have an online author's page that anyone could find.
 We were told that it would take 3-5 business days for 
Tangle It! Journal to go live on Amazon.
So not true.
The very next day - September 25th - I went to Amazon on a lark and typed in the name of the book.
And there it was!!!
Hahahaha! I went to Facebook and sent Ina and Simona a message that read:
WE ARE ON AMAZON!!!!!!!!!!!
Then I went back and looked again and saw that red box in the middle of the page.
#1 New Release!
Oh my word!
Things came together so fast and there has been no looking back since.
Almost immediately we were on the Best Sellers List.
We made it all the way up to #2 at one point.
 Answering emails and Facebook messages has kept me super busy this week. 
Looking at art, answering questions,
maintaining Facebook groups and pages,
posting when I got the chance.
It's been a busy, exciting week.
I'd love to clean up my desktop,
but who has time for that?
 Simalina - that's our business name - is on the move.
We are busily working on another project.
Or two.
Mum's the word,
BUT you are going to seriously love it!
Yep.
A wonderful week.
Now time to get back to work making magic happen.
If you don't have your copy of
Tangle It! Journal
here are two links for you. 
(Of course I want you to buy our book.
Shameless hustling going on here.)
Amazon or CreateSpace.
Click on either of those.
You can find our Facebook group here,
and our website here.  

(Remember anytime you are in my blog,
Pink = link.)
#tangleitjournal #tangle!itjournal
The Creator's Leaf

5 comments:

  1. Awesome Alice so happy for you God bless and Congratulations! !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One day we will look back at this blog and think "Remember those days?!" I am so glad you are keeping a nice record of all the excitement. It wasn't a whirlwind week - it was more like a hurricane! What a team! Go Simalinas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thrilled for you, Alice, and so excited to have been one of the first to buy and receive Tangle It! Journal! It truly is great fun. Can't wait to see what's next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha - lost my comment. Anyhow.......Congratulations, I can imagine the week has just vanished in a blur with all the things you are keeping up with (& I struggle just with keeping up with my emails). You just take care of yourself with all this bustle going on, never mind moving house as well.
    Very well done.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are all so excited about this project! Indeed, it's a dream come true. Thank you Alice and Ina for being YOU! <3

    ReplyDelete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).