Thursday, December 4, 2014

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety-Jig

What nursery rhyme or story is that title from? I don't recall, but it sounds familiar and it totally fits today's post as I am once again home. Jiggety-jig. (Or however you spell that. Must be right because there is no little red squiggly lines under it.)

I spent the better part of the past week where dreams come true. Haha! Mostly. I really enjoy just sitting in a hotel room in the Walt Disney World complex, spending days drawing or painting. Or sleeping as the mood hits. By myself and on my own schedule. And that is what I did last week.

I started my visit at Downtown Disney and was so disappointed with my few hours there that I didn't go back at all. They are "rebuilding/reimagining" their shop area and what a mess it is. 

They never had enough parking to start with, so they are working on that problem but have created an even bigger problem while they do. The Disney folks had closed down a couple of the parking lots while they build a huge parking garage to take care of the problem. I just decided to visit at the wrong time. The only place I found to park was at one end (the wrong end for everything I wanted to do) of a long, narrow shopping district. Once you are inside the shopping area, many of the shops and restaurants have been closed or relocated to smaller areas while they rebuild and reimagine the shopping area as well. (On the upside, I hear there might be an American Girl shop going in.)
 map borrowed from google images

(I parked at the far left end and everything I wanted to visit is at the far right end. ugh.)

Long walls of construction blocked the view of the new building and the hundreds, probably thousands, of shoppers were funneled down those long tunnels of walls. Not a fun shopping experience at all. (And I didn't start off intending to vent all that on you. Sorry.) 

From there I checked in at the hotel and I didn't move my car for the rest of my stay. I did everything at the All-Star Sports Resort. Being a Florida resident gave me a huge discount on cost :). Mostly what I did was artsy stuff. 

I began by completing an online class taught by Carolyn Dube called One Pull Wonders. (Hey, Cindy, I've now totally completed 3 online classes!!!) The class is all about that wonderful little artsy tool called the gelli plate. And so much fun it was, too! I had such a paint filled bunch of fun - I'll post more about that later!

I also tried to tangle a bit each day. I had a larger piece I am still working on, but one of the first things I did was to check out Joey's Challenge for the week. (Hahaha! I am soooo tired. I just thought of something. Anytime you see pink words here it means there is a link attached. . . . pink = link. Pink link. Hahaha! Doesn't take much to amuse me!) 

This week Joey's challenge was to focus on snow - or  - to use four specific tangles Joey gave us. Scrumble, Nvelope, Ojo, and Widgets. S.N.O.W. I had never used any of these tangles before, so it was all a learning experience for me. Which is exactly what a challenge should be. Something we use to challenge our limits, to push ourselves into growing and developing. Sometimes a painful experience but always essential to our continued growth.

So after all that wordy wordiness, at the top of this post you see my challenge tile. (Although, I think instead of snow this reminds me more of sunny beaches here in Florida where people are still swimming and surfing on the 4th of December. Our temps are expected to be in the 80s today.) Happy winter to all! 

Why don't you head over to Joey's and check out the snow challenge. (Did you see what I did there? Pink = link. Hehehehe! Bye!)

6 comments:

  1. you are so funny. Love your tile. I have never had trouble with any tangle pattern as much as I had when I tried to learn scrumble, but yours looks great!

    You can thank mother goose for this:
    To market, to market, to buy a fat pig, Home again, home again, jiggety-jig. To market, to market, to buy a fat hog, Home again, home again, jiggety-jog. To market, to market, to buy a plum bun, Home again, home again, market is done.

    Years ago, my mom used to say the same part you do when we'd pull into the garage. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still working on tripoli ;)

      Delete
    2. Yup my mom used to say this too I was just about to recite it!! Lol Alice your tile is beautiful!! :-)

      Delete
  2. Very beautiful!!! :)

    ~ Diane Clancy
    http://www.dianeclancy.com/blog/2014/12/joeys-snow-challenge-entry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, diane, and i'll go visit your blog now :)

      Delete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).