Friday, November 28, 2014

Turning Old into New, Diva #195

This week's Diva Challenge is a bit of a fun one!
And the old becomes new.
Take a favorite tangle, one I use all the time,
and make it new.
Change it up.
Change the structure.

Kind of reminds me of a Bible verse :).
Romans 12:2 actually.

Be not conformed to this world:
but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind,
that ye may prove what is that good,
and acceptable, and perfect
will of God.

The Diva Challenge was fun this week.
I took popsicles and urchin -
which are normally fill patterns for me -
and turned them into a gridlock spectacular! 
Hahaha!

I plan to do more of this kind of drawing.
Heading out of town soon for a few days.
I hear Disney World calling my name.
I like to go sit in a hotel room and draw for a few days, 
depending on theme park food to keep me alive.
And ice cream.
And jelly bellies if I get to Downtown Disney.
It's a tough life,
but someone's gotta do it!

26 comments:

  1. I loooove popsicles... I made a flower out of it today, but it wasn't nearly as cool as this! love, love, love this tile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this was a great challenge idea, sandy! going to do some more with it this afternoon :)

      Delete
  2. hahaha! you can usually tell when i'm tired and trying to post before sleeptime :) and thanks! disney is always fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I don't think I know either tangle so I'll have to check 'me out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. urchin is sandy bartholomew's - in one of her books, don't recall which one. sorry.
      popsicles is michele beauchamp's - i think it's on tangle patterns

      Delete
  4. Bold and Beautiful! Love these tangles in a grid!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job. You got them in a grid but looks like they are straining to get out. Was that influenced by your wanting to go to sleep or being anxious to set out for Disney?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great, Alice! Particularly love how cushion-y popsicles looks :) Have a great break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, helen, these are definitely 2 of my go-to patterns. and disney was awesome!

      Delete
  7. Like what you have done with these...I need to learn more about what they usually look like, but they certainly look very cozy in that grid! hahaha...enjoy the vacation, although I'm sure you don't need the encouragement to do so!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooooh! dreamweaver stencils. reminds me that i haven't shopped with you in a while. time to remedy that! :)

      Delete
  8. You did so very well!!! Have a great time in Disney World!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the popsicle in the grid! Have fun on vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was dun :) and i had a great time on my trip!

      Delete
  10. Great tangle combo. Urchin is particularly eyecatching in a grid. Have fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i never would have thought to do these in a grid. ever. :)

      Delete
  11. Love the grid work, Have fun, especially with that ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sadly gelato was all they had. it was indeed a sad time. BUT the jelly bellies were awesome :)

      Delete
  12. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL Alice I love your work you are so gifted and love the way you know where your gifts come from trying different tangles bit my wrist and shoulder still not well!!! Hopefully can get back to daily drawing soon!! Love the verses you use also God bless you and yours my friend!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, lynne, you are an incredible friend. still praying for your full recovery

      Delete
  13. This is a very cool Old into New!! Great job!!

    ~ Diane Clancy

    ReplyDelete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).