Saturday, November 16, 2013

More ATC Backgrounds

Today I finished up the backgrounds for the CZT ACT Deck Swap.
Again, these are the Dylusions Ink Sprays, 
this one specifically is After Midnight and Funky Fuchsia.
Once I had the color on the paper, I sprayed more water on top.
Once I had some good puddles, I tilted the paper letting the colors run. 
Then I used a heat gun to push some of the color around the paper. 
That is how I got those lines of color at the top.
Speaking of heat guns, this one was fun to make!
Just two colors - Fresh Lime and Bubblegum Pink.
The coolest part of this sheet are those circles!
To get the circles, I let the colors and water pool on the paper, 
then held my heat gun directly over the puddle. 
With the heat gun pointing down towards the center of the puddle, 
the hot air pushed the color out in a circle causing these rims. 
Pretty awesome!
This last sheet turned out pretty cool! 
I used London Blue and Lemon Zest for the colors. 
After I let those run and mix a bit, I spritzed some White Linen over the top. 
Those are the little white drops you see. 
Then I sprayed some Bubblegum Pink onto my craft mat, 
let it spread out some, then turned the paper over and 
tapped it down into the pink in several places. 
That would be the pink/reddish colors you see. 
I let it sit, then dried it with a heat gun.
I really, really like how the pink worked here. 
Doesn't it look like a little whale at the bottom? 
Well, that is definitely enough paper to make 106 ATCs, 
and the leftovers will go into my Etsy store in the form of ATCs.
I love playing with the Dylusions Ink Sprays. 
You really never know what gorgeous colors you are going to get,
but you know they are always going to be beautiful!

The Creator's Leaf

2 comments:

  1. You've certainly been having fun there. My favourite is the third from the bottom.
    Been clearing leaves most of the daylight hours!
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).