Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Retreat to Paradise


 Retreat to Paradise, a getaway for people curious about the art of zentangle! Kali and I went to this retreat in April and I am just remembering to post photos. I streamzoo-ed a few while we were there, this is a more comprehensive showing so to speak.
 We stayed in a beautiful Double Tree high-rise located on the bay. This is the view from our balcony. 
 The ocean was literally right outside our doors. Kali took advantage of the beach every chance she got. 
 It was even beautiful at night with the moon shining on the water. We could not have had a more beautiful venue.
 Classes were incredible! Canadian artist Cherryl Moote walked us through her tangled garden, as well as deconstruction of tangle patterns.
Our gardens that we drew were long and narrow. Look at my pictures and pretend they are attached to each other. Three shots to get the whole thing in.
I haven't added any more color because I am afraid I'll mess it up! I just love it! This was so much fun and I've come home and made literally dozens of garden pictures since this class.
 Zenspirations' Legend - Joanne Fink - was also there. Her new book Zenspirations: Dangle Designs had not even been released yet, but we were thrilled to receive copies which Joanne autographed for us.
This is the dangle design I started in our class. I finished it at home and colored it with Tombow markers.
CZT Cris Letourneau taught a session on shading, using her new book Made in the Shade. (Sorry, Cris, I have no idea why I don't have pictures of you teaching.)
 As much fun and instruction-filled that classes were, we still had down-time to walk on the beach and enjoy the feel of wet, squishy sand between our toes.
 I don't know who built this pyramid, but it was built strong. It lasted, even when the waves came in.
That's my daughter Kali walking on the beach, talking on her cell phone. Drawing tangles in the sand. That's my girl!
Extremely zoomed in photo - taken from our room on one of the top floors of the hotel - through the sliding glass doors. Haha! Mooka on the beach!

I shot this picture the first night we were there. Turned it into a scripture photo this morning. This verse seemed to be just what I needed today. 

* * * * * * * * * 
Retreat to Paradise is coming back to Melbourne April 4-6, 2014. Registration will be open to the public before long. If you are interested in more information, check out the website located here.  It is going to be so much fun! I hope to see you there!
The Creator's Leaf

3 comments:

  1. Nice to see photos. I'll be going to the next one, April 2014. Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh if only ....... Looks quite an amazing time.
    My favourite Psalm - lying shivering on an x-ray table I literally felt those feathers covering me with warmth: eventually one of the nurses found me a blanket!
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brings back nice memories! Love your garden!

    ReplyDelete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).