Tuesday, July 16, 2013

My First Free-Hand Mandala

Ta- da!!! My first ever, hand-drawn, figure-it-out-as-you-go-along mandala! I am taking one of Dion Dior's art classes, called Mastering Twinks. I've been waiting a long time to get in this class. Dion's work is beautiful and she will be teaching us how to use these incredible watercolor-type paints called Twinkling H20's. Class just started this week and we are learning how to relax by drawing free-hand mandalas. This was my first one - and I know I need to go practice some more - but I am very pleased with this first attempt!

If you are interested in Dion's class Mastering Twinks, registration is still open for a couple days. You can check out all her classes here. I will be posting some of my art from the class here on the blog. However, since these classes are part of Dion's career and the livelihood for her family, I won't be giving away any class lecture material or information. You will have to take her class to get that :). Mastering Twinks! Gotta love it!
The Creator's Leaf

4 comments:

  1. Well, I am really impressed with your Mandala. Wish I could take this class, hopefully she will do another in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good to me & as if you're going to have great fun. I've got Mandala construction on my mind too at present - trying to see what I can do with a compass & stamps.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alice---Dazzling! Wow! Wondering if by any chance someday I might be able to create something so breathtaking. Just received Made in the Shade in the mail yesterday. Currently happy with pencils and smudge stick. Really enjoyed your title on p. 104

    ReplyDelete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).