Thursday, July 4, 2013

Oh, To Be a Kid Again!

Some of the CZTs recently did an ATC swap. When I received an envelope from Sherry, I was pleasantly surprised to see two little squares of black paper included with a beautiful ATC! 

As I took them in my hand, I was transported back to a day when we used to scribble on white paper with a whole bunch of different colored crayons. Then, once we had the paper covered in color, we would take a black crayon and scribble black all over the paper - covering up the beautiful colors underneath. When we were done we basically had a black sheet of paper, like the ones Sherry sent to me, except hers were done by machine under current day technology :). 

As a kid we would use the side of a penny, or a nail, or a fingernail - what a mess! - and we would scratch out a beautiful drawing on the black crayon canvas, revealing lovely colors underneath. What you see above is one of the squares Sherry sent me. This morning I took a wooden stylus and etched out the tangles you see. So much fun! I have one more sheet to play with in the morning. 

Thank you, Sherry, for taking me back about 50 years, back to when I was a kid. It was a grand journey!



The Creator's Leaf

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it great to revisit things like this - I often do as I'm playing with pencils & markers - the memories are just there.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).