Saturday, April 20, 2013

Second Shot at Irojitens

 I wasn't super pleased with my first efforts with these Irojiten pencils, so I started over. I moved away from the tangles Marie had offered us this week, (I think that was part of my problem - making myself stick with those.) I used some tangles that I enjoy playing with and drew my tile first. I had already started laying down color before I thought to take the above photo.
This is what I ended up with. I like the results a whole lot better than the previous tile in the last post. I used a different paper and didn't concern myself so much with the color wheel. I think I have a decent head for color, so I just went with the flow. I layed in more pencil layers and I really like the results this time. Now, on to the Tombow dual-brush marker part of the class. This should be fun!
The Creator's Leaf

3 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous.... :)
    You learn the neatest things..... i like your version better as well... :)

    blessings,
    Cynthia♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha - it was dragonaire. I'm about to get going with the Tombows - spent hours working on a Pinterest Board from my garden taking the photos myself.......then of course I had to go & check out what the names of the plants were......., didn't quite get all of them.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your blending in this piece. It's so vibrant, your colour choices bring it to life.

    ReplyDelete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).