Thursday, February 28, 2013

Getting Closer

 Two nights ago I showed you this digital stamp I was filling in with Copic markers. It's the first project I've worked on since I came home from the training. I don't have a lot of copics, so I spent last night trying to figure out what colors I DID have that would work. This is what I have so far.
I am very excited about the way she's looking. I still need to smooth out the pink on that ribbon a bit more, and I need to shade her. I'm scared to shade her. I'm afraid I'll mess her up! Ugh, I'll get brave and try that tomorrow. Actually, the day after (cause I haven't gone to sleep yet). Tomorrow we will be celebrating Kali's birthday a couple days early - yay!!!!! Twenty years old! It seems like yesterday she was born. Happy birthday, Kali! Mama loves you!

And a big Happy Birthday to my friend Cindy from Cottage Remnant! I hope your birthday (today, not tomorrow) is incredible, Cindy! 
The Creator's Leaf

5 comments:

  1. Wow! I almost bought some Prismacolors yesterday and drooled over the Copics...ended up buying water soluble pastels...One of these days I'll splurge! You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's Awesome Alice.....I'm sure her shading will be fantastic as well.....Thanks for the Birthday Wishes Buddy♥

    blessins,
    C♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. great work Alice! I too only have a few colours, but I find blending using the tip to tip technique- whereby you get the lighter colour and wipe the tip of it onto the darker colour, making a colour that is in between. I struggle with blending, but find this technique really helpful. XOX Tania

    ReplyDelete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).