Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Tangle Fun

A tile I put together yesterday. If you follow my blog, or my facebook page The Creator's Leaf, you will have noticed that I've been doing a bit of creative work with paints and ink sprays lately. This particular tile started off looking like this:
I am having a lot of fun making these different tile. A couple people sent me messages to ask if I would actually be able to tangle on these tile. They were concerned that the paints, or inks, might be too dark and that you wouldn't be able to see the drawings. As you can see in the first photo, that is not the case. The tangles actually show up quite well. The final colors in the tile were actually darker than what you see in this shot just above - I wasn't completed with it when this photo was taken. Once the tile are completely dried, they are ready for you to tangle any design your heart desires!

Here is a link to the post where I showed step-by-step directons for how to make these tile. You really should give it a try! You know you want to!
The Creator's Leaf

5 comments:

  1. I love your Indyrella skeleton fish & Between jellyfish. the other two have me stumped = particularly that one far right that looks like a flying saucer!
    Paula (PEP)
    I'm slowly learning the names.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That will teach me to do the commenting with a migraine!! Your labels are there plain to be seen & my fingers can now type again!! I did wonder if it was sedgling & ixorus & of course there they are. Been working on splash & salty splash this evening - once the floor decided it was going to be horizontal again & stop tipping me up!! It gets a bit too interesting sometimes.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! i'm glad you are feeling better! i can't wait to see your salty, splashy stuff :) sorry about your migraine and tippy floors - that doesn't sound fun at all!

      Delete
  3. That worked really well for the tangles! wow! Backgrounds are the bomb! :)

    ReplyDelete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).