Thursday, August 30, 2012

Using a Blind-Sighted String

iamthedivaczt
This week's Diva Challenge is to use what Erin calls a "blind-sighted" string. Just close your eyes and draw a string. Give up your control and just draw blind-sighted. The above shot is a somewhat blurry (but the only one I have) picture of my string drawn with my eyes closed. Hmmm. What to do with it, what to draw?
That was so much fun! I must do another! I started with ixorus and that just laid out a plan for me. It's really a challenge to decide what tangles to use where. A challenge to make them flow together. Many times when we draw a string we already have an end in mind. It's hard to mindlessly draw a string with our eyes open. So. Close your eyes and give it a try. And when you are done, visit over here and link it up to the Diva's Challenge. You'll get some wonderful feedback! And while you're there, check out some the blind-sighted string drawings and leave some love :).

The Creator's Leaf

24 comments:

  1. This is such a revealing exercise - I'm just about to set to work with mine - Mooka starting it off....... shall see what evolves. I like your seashells & those bunches of grapes (they probably have names!!).
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. paula - i think the whole thing looks like a big conch shell :) the grape thingies are called bronx cheer. not sure about the other :) i'll be watching to see what you draw up! i think my afternoon will involve some intense pencils and paints :)

      Delete
  2. Awesome....reminds me of a giant raspberry ice cream cone....2kewl!

    blessings,
    Cindy♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your zia!!! It's lovely.

    Annemarie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, annemarie, can't wait to see what you did with this - cause i know it will be awesome!

      Delete
  4. Very fun, it's effervescent and lively. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. is summer - is icecream ;)
    how much you evolved!!! bravo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Alice, even your string is interesting! You're right a big conch shell. I like the big swirls out the top left.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, gloria! those swirly things are called springkle - they sure are fun to draw!

      Delete
  7. The creator is amazing with string and pen in hand! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! thanks, leeann! i want to try this again - it was fun :)

      Delete
  8. This looks terrific, Alice. You did a great job with such a detailed string!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, helen! i'm a big fan of your work :)

      Delete
  9. I think this is a very elegant conch shell. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, susan, it was really fun to do!

      Delete
  10. Ooo--this is great!! I love the patterns you used--wonderful flow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks - this one just kind of came together :)

      Delete
  11. Very nice, Alice. I think it looks like a cornucopia bursting open. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! i agree - just totally came to that at the very end

      Delete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).