Saturday, August 25, 2012

Presentation - Does it Matter?

Anyone who knows me can you tell that I always go with the pink! Always. So, when I got ready to photograph my tile for today's post, and I started pulling scraps out of my drawer to use for background - I wondered. Does it make a difference?
Last week I was in Rhode Island and to tell you truth I am way behind on challenges! I thought I was going to catch up with Linda Farmer's string challenges on Tangle Patterns, (I was 2 weeks behind there) and then as I sat down to start typing this I saw that Linda had posted another string challenge! Ah! Oh well, I'm working on it. Above, on a vibrant pink background, you see my response to string challenge 013. 
And then I placed my tile on a scrap of mottled black with a hint of maroon. I thought I would like it better on the vibrant pink background, but looking at them together here . . .
. . . I think they look like 2 different tiles, and I think the colors are brighter and fresher on the black background. What do you think?

And, in case you were wondering how I made the background, you may recall a couple weeks ago I had some fun playing with some paints and sprays. This is one of those tile - you can read all about it in this post :). There's that pink again :).

Thanks, Linda, for an awesome string challenge - just 2 more and I'll be caught up!
The Creator's Leaf

4 comments:

  1. I'm not sure which I like better--the contrast of the green or the pink--but they each do give it a little different look. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The black/grey background definitely. I always try to have a cream background or a fairly neutral one for photographing projects. I'm way - way - way behind, haven't even managed one string yet. In time.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always tend to go with black Alice...but they are stunning which ever one you choose.
    I'm feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment...trying to catch up visiting, drawing challenges, posts and all of life's other bits that keep getting in the way.
    Enjoy your catch up ~ have fun! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. presentation counts!
    for example:wrapped a gift, a plate of French food...

    ReplyDelete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).