Saturday, June 2, 2012

Zendala Dare #8

Photobucket
Erin's Zendala Dare this week came about in honor of her friend's wedding this weekend. Here is the blank zendala Erin gave us to use:
Photobucket
The challenge was to use at least one tangle starting with L, one with O, one with V, and one with E, thus making a L.O.V.E. Zendala! Above you can see what I drew on a heart-shaped tile.
Photobucket
I uploaded my zendala to Photoshop and ran a soft and faded action to "countrify" it up a bit.
Photobucket
Then I added a frame and grunged up the background and chalk inked the edges. I don't normally do all this, but thought it would be fun this one time! 


The patterns I used are:
L - Leau and Laced,
O - Onamato,
V - Vortex, and
E - Ebb.


You can check out all the fun zendalas at The Bright Owl. You might even want to try one of your own!

19 comments:

  1. Wow....making it all within a heart....you are a genius!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha! thanks, leeanne! it was a challenge and it was fun :)

      Delete
  2. A lot of work, but worthwhile!

    Annemarie Huijts

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool! I love the heart base and the frame, and well, the whole piece!,i agree with LeeAnn - genius!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, cathy! trying out some new-for-me patterns was a lot of fun!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful, and ever so creative Alice! I love the idea of putting it on a heart all laced up! (I didn't know the two tangles Leau and Ebb so I "googled" them and found them on Pinterest with ever so many more.... there goes my next few hours:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know that so well, sue! i'll sit down to check my email and 2 hours later i'm still on pinterest and only made it through one or two of my emails! yep, i know it well :)

      Delete
  5. Very pretty and I also love that you made it into a heart! Sweet and beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, dawn! it was a lot of fun and 'forced' me to try some new patterns :)

      Delete
  6. These came out so well!!! I love the digital additions - I love photoshop! The grunged/chalked background really works with this piece! YOU Rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous tile with the heart and the laces and the great background. Each version is better than the last. All those new patterns, too! Now I'll have to look them up---there goes my evening!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful and just love what you did with it!! I so love coming on to your page with that leaf, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love this zendala. So creative. Love what you did in photoshop and the "grunged" background.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think my first comment took, so I'll try again. This zendala is fabulous. I love the heart frame you added, what you did in photoshop, the tangles you used, and the "grunge" background. Very, very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very creative! I like what you did in photoshop after you finished tangling. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The heart tile is gorgeous and I love the laced pattern around the outside!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the balance of light and dark, and the lacing is just neato!

    ReplyDelete
  14. soo clever to put patterns ...L.O.V.E !!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).