Friday, June 1, 2012

Get Your Steampunk On

Photobucket
Last night I posted the pen version of this picture. I spent a little over an hour today adding color. I even got some texture of sorts, due to all the product I used.

I drew this in my smash journal. I guess if I am going to continue to doodle steampunk I should probably start a journal specifically for this. Products that I used included: Derwent Inktense Pencils, Pitt Artist Pens, Robin Mini-Metallic Rub-Ons (I've had these forever. I don't know if they are even still available,) Sakura Opaque Pigment Markers, Pentel Slicci Pens and Micron black and sepia pens.

Patterns include:  assemblies, spinner, parabola, kolum, jalousie, linked, and two I made up - geerz and barz. This was a load of fun! Now, back to working on challenges!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! You're getting really good at this. I love watching your progress. Linda E.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, linda! i appreciate your encouragement!

      Delete
  2. Oh my this is amazing. When I first saw it on Pinterest I thought you had made something with copper insets the color is so authentic.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, cindy! that's about the nicest comment you could make :)

      Delete
  3. This is wondeful - I love it! Adding the color was a great idea and you couldn't have done it any better - FANTSTIC!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).