Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Celtic Knot

Photobucket
I found an image online - a basic pattern for a celtic knot. 
Then, I transferred the pattern onto a round tile using the method taught here. The knot basically breaks down into two separate sections.
I used a different pattern in each - a shattuck variation and a pattern I can't find a name for - is it already out there? If not, I'm going to call it hached. Like hatch marks :). I added a little color background with my Pitt pens. 
This was fun and really simple to do! The fact that it looks like a zendala is just a welcomed coincidence :).

7 comments:

  1. Wow Alice! You are a gifted artist! These drawings are beautiful! So glad you're sharing them!!
    Can't wait to see more!!
    Hugs,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, becky! i'm going to be going to rhode island in august to get certified as an instructor. from there? an etsy store! i may have about a million questions for you :)

      Delete
  2. BEAUTIFUL!! Just found your blog on "Just add Water, Silly" & I love it!
    Thanks for sharing your talent.
    Grandma Nancy Sapp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, nancy! that is so encouraging! i just started this "art" thing a couple months ago - i have much to learn - and i am having the time of my life with it!

      Delete
  3. JUST 2 months ago??? Nahhhh. You're amazing! Loved the flowers that you did for "Just Add Water, Silly." I play with watercolors & Zentangle some. My Zentangles are NOTHING like yours though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! yep! i set up my log on april 18th to post my first drawing. it's gone by really fast though!

      Delete
    2. and that should say "blog" :)

      Delete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).