Sunday, June 17, 2012

Artist's Play Room #14








just add water silly's blog hop link
Photobucket
Having some fun here in the Artist's Play Room! Last week I thought that was one word. So I've learned a couple things this past week :). For this week's homework, Jennifer asked us to explore one color. We could use any form we wanted - but to focus on one color.
Photobucket
I'm relatively new in this artistic endeavor and most of you really don't know me. Well, now you know that my hair is pink! Pretty much my favorite color right now. I've been retired for almost 13 years and I don't report in to anyone, so I can wear my hair any color I want. For now that color is pink. It has been burgundy, purple, and blue at other times.
Photobucket
I did this little drawing in my small moleskine watercolor book. The tree itself is not my original idea. I saw someone else draw similar trees in a picture on pinterest. I tried to make mine a little more billowy and I'm calling them ice cream trees. They really remind me of those big marshmallow candies that I'm not allowed to eat anymore! I used watercolors from 4 different sets, Derwent Inktense Pencils, and At You Spica pens. Even though you can't see it here, there's lots of glitter and sparkle. Loads of fun! Check it out at Just Add Water Silly! You may even want to join us! If I can do it - you can do it! 

23 comments:

  1. LOL.... we are very glad you have joined us in the APR.....and PINK totally is the kewlest colour EVER....LOL....
    Love the "ice cream" trees.....yummy!!!

    blessings,
    Cindy♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun picture! My hair is purple just now :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pink hair and pink monochrome--Cool!!
    This reminded me of something you'd see in a Dr. Seuss book! It has that whimsical quality. And they do look like ice cream swirled trees. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my daughter and dr. seuss share a birthday, so he has always been a favorite in our house! this was really fun to make :)

      Delete
  4. Cool! They remind me of Dr. Seuss' work, one of my favorite children's illustrators. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha! yes, i thought so too! we love dr. seuss here :)

      Delete
  5. Pink is one of my favorite colors also!! They are whimsical, and I can see them hanging in a lovely girls pink room:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so adorable and I love the pink. You're right in my wheelhouse with glitter and sparkle, I'm all about pink glitter and sparkle, it just usually occurs on my nails!!
    Thanks for joining up.
    Best,
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, jenn, this is being fun for me and i'm learning new things! i know my stuff is amaeurish next to all the gifted artists on your page, but i'm enjoying and pushing myself - and learning :) so, thanks for the challenge!

      Delete
  7. That's what it reminds me of, Dr. Seuss!! Well done! I couldn't figure it out!
    Best,
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful..totally magical..and yes very whimsical and enchanting!! Lovel it!
    victoria

    ReplyDelete
  9. You had me at pink icecream trees Alice,
    They are definitely Dr Seussish...so magical.
    By the way, I think you're hair looks amazing pink! I've never been that brave I just go with boring blonde highlights I'm afraid. ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this was so much fun! thanks for your comments :)

      haha! i've had the pink longest of any of the colors. right now i have some blonde mixed in with the brown and pink. pink looks great with blonde - just sayin'. you should give it a go and send me a picture :)

      Delete
  10. I immediately thought of ice cream when I saw the trees! Great job using pink! My hair is developing platinum highlights in a disturbingly fast rate. :) Glad to see you at The Artist's Play Room! Warmly, Tracy #13

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, tracy! hahaha! my pink covers up the platinum highlights :)

      Delete
  11. I love this, such a gorgeous colour. I am keeping an eye out to see if any pixies pop up. Love your hair, my eldest daughter would love that colour. She is blonde and dyes it black (go figure) and sometimes has red in it but that pink is fabulous.
    Von

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! my daughter told me i should have added a little fairy peeking out around a tree - i'll have to show her your comment! thanks for leaving me a note that you were here :) have a great week!

      Delete
  12. That looks great... love the sense of fun and play that comes with it... and love the pink hair... I used to have a deep purple streak when I was back at art school way back in the day, and now you have me wondering if I should brave it all over again...xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think you should go for it and add the purple streak! :)

      Delete
  13. Great whimsical pink grees. Like your hair as well.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ha! TREES. I should spell check. Sorry.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! i always forget to spell check - makes for some interesting posts sometimes :)
      thank you for stopping by :)

      Delete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).