Friday, August 24, 2018

A Tangle Sampler #tangleallaround

Alice hendon, easy to make watercolor tangle sampler for zentangle patterns
In my Facebook group 
we have weekly prompts. 
This week's I Dare You! prompt was to make
a tangle pattern sampler using color.
I opted to use my Hahnemühle Watercolor book
and my newly put together watercolor kit. 
Alice hendon, easy to make watercolor tangle sampler for zentangle patterns
I started by making some oddly (haha!) shaped boxes
of color. I wanted them to be square but that wasn't
to be. Not so much. 
Isn't that a cool little watercolor kit?
I bought the tin filled with empty half pans on Amazon,
then filled the half pans with color from my tubes.
Waited till for-stinkin-ever for them to dry,
then used a water brush to pick up the color
and make the boxes.
The Hahnemühle Watercolor book can be purchased
here

Today I added some of my own tangle patterns
and made a cute little sampler.
I am using this watercolor book to track my
tangle history in patterns.
You can see an entire post about it here
(But no giveaway because that has already happened.)
Alice hendon, easy to make watercolor tangle sampler for zentangle patterns
Come join us at Tangle All Around.
We have a rockin' group of awesome
tanglers - brand new to advanced -
and we help each other learn. 

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant idea for keeping a track of your own patterns - the watercolour palette looks rather fun & I can imagine terribly useful if you use all kinds of brands but want to carry only your favourites with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's pretty much what I did - pull out my favorites and put them here. not much larger than a big iPhone so it's portable

      Delete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).