Monday, February 12, 2018

Gelli Pull to Art Journal Page #joggles #zebrapen #sarasa #zensations

art journal page featuring words, seahorses and mermaids :)
A couple weeks ago I attended some training in 
Massachusetts called Jump Into January.
We made so many fun, creative art pages.
Above you see one that I completed there.
It began as a gelli plate pull.
One that I was not a fan of.
So, I turned it into an art journal collage of sorts.
stencil Uplifting Words from Stencil Girl that I used to make this project
I used a lot of product on this page!
It began as a gelli pull where I used three colors,
over some collaged text elements of a page from 
Gone With the Wind. 
The color was various Golden open acrylic paints.
You can check them out here.
As best as I recall - 
I think there are four colors in the background.
I did not like the way it looked.
At all.
So,
I added some torn scrapbook paper,
Mermaid washi tape from Jane Davenport's line, 
seahorse collage elements from Joggles
the Uplifting Words stencil from Stencil Girl, 
and
from Zebra Pen I used a technical pen, 
several Sarasa Fineliner Pens, 
and the Sarasa Gel Retractable Pens.
I added some tangled Printemps here and there,
outlined some words that were stenciled using 
Then I used the glitter Gelly Roll pens to add highlights,
along with a white Uni-Ball Signo Gel Pen from 
art journal page featuring words, seahorses and mermaids :)
And now I really love it!
A gelli pull crazy collage page!


4 comments:

  1. Intriguing - Gelli plates are very unpredictable it seems. I love those seahorses & how your Printemps bubbles add to a sense of their environment!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and that would be why they are called mono prints :) if you get something you love - you can never replicate it. and thankfully if it something you really don't like - chances are it won't happen again. hahahah! I do like this collage piece a lot, though.

      Delete
  2. I do TOO! I’ve always identified with your work - it began way back when you discovered Dylusion Sprays! I don’t know what your original Gelli pull was like, but the final is definitely my style - very creative! Thanks for sharing.
    Lauri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha! thanks! so, check this out, Lauri. Dylusions just released new sprays called Shimmer Sprays, just like the others but with mica. played with those this morning. you should see my fingers!

      Delete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).