Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Tangling an Opus

This one was fun!
Zentangle® HQ makes a 10.5" tile they call the Opus.
This is it. 
The other side is blank and is the side most people
choose to tangle on. Not me, I opted for the back
side with the Zentangle logo and Maria's beautiful
hand lettering around the outer edge.

To begin, I used two colors of Dylusions Ink Sprays - 
Bubblegum Pink and London Blue. 
Once that was good and dry,
I started tangling. Mostly I used a Sakura Micron 005
and a 0.1 Copic Multiliner. 
When I completely finished, I went back and used
some basic dimestore colored pencils and
added shading and color pops for interest. 
I think I will go back with a white gel pen and add
some highlights on the black areas. 
But you guys are special and you get this version instead <3.

What are you tangling up today?

4 comments:

  1. I guess I'm gonna have to give it up and start using more color in my artwork. As much as I love black and white for Zentangle, color adds so much. Great tile, too! Terri, CZT 16

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree, haha! thank you <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way the words blend into the tangles - lots of interest & superb balance with the black areas. It's such fun seeing the before & after (& during).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is the back side of the Opus tile. isn't it wonderful? haha! and fun to draw on

      Delete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).