Friday, June 30, 2017

Fantasy Landscapes Seuss Style - Hopefully :)

 One of the prompts this week in 
Zentangle All Around
is to use Sandra Strait's step outs and
make a fantasy landscape!
You can see all her patterns she developed
for this process here on her blog
I began by practicing Sandra's step outs in my journal.
I drew the ones that I liked best, then put stars
by the ones I thought looked the most
Dr. Seuss-y!
I did not use all the patterns I marked, but I pulled
from them to do this. 
One thing Sandra did that I totally forgot was to
color the landscape itself - the grounds, the skies -
and add tangles to those. 
My journal is a 5" x 8" and doesn't have a lot
of space for everything I wanted to do.
I do love the way it turned out, though.
And
I can still add to the background.
Lastly, I added color.
My thought with the grass clumps and the white
spaces was that when I used to read ALL those
Dr. Seuss books to the kids -
I remember lots of white space.
Am I wrong? 
My favorite parts are -
the water fountain I made using one of
Sandra's plant patterns
and
the leaning building I made from one of her
plant patterns
and 
those crazy little tie-died sheep!
And 
I totally had to add an inukshuk for my
Canadian peeps. 
Now I think I will go back and add some
watercolor washes to the backgrounds.

For those who want to know -
the watercolors I used are Schmincke.
I also used Lolliz gel pens to add lots
of sparkle.
Which - for the most part - doesn't photograph.

Fantasy Landscapes.
It's where it's at this week in
Zentangle All Around (FB).



6 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! You have inspired me to have a go at a fantasy landscape this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm so glad, Cathy! Can't wait to see what you come up with. This is harder than it looks. But fun.

      Delete
  2. I think this is perfect the way it is! You are right about the white space in Dr. Seuss illustrations. I've been grappling with that in my next step-by-step. The white space lost, though *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. but my fingers are itching to do something with that sky :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very very very faint printemps for the sky or pop-cloud! Definitely right about the Dr Zeuss - I have a vision of red, white, turquoise & orange with splashes of yellow & green. I too love your water fountain & wouldn't mind escaping to your fantasy land.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about doing pop cloud then forgot it. this was fun to do

      Delete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).