Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Proverbs 4:23

 Bible Journaling. 
Getting back to the basics in life.
The foundation of my faith.
Getting back to where God wants me to be.
Taking that step to put acrylic paint . . .
onto a Bible page . . .
wow! it's a great big step!
But one I felt I had to do.

It starts with finding a verse that means
something special to you.
Or a verse that speaks to you in your
daily devotions.

I focused on Proverbs 4:23 -
to guard my heart!

I began by prepping my page with some clear gesso. 
I just spread it over the entire page.
I don't mind if a little of what I'm doing bleeds
through to the back of the page,
I just don't want it to be overwhelming.
So prep.
The verse focuses on the heart,
so I traced out a couple of hearts.
And since I'm a tangler - 
I tangled a little line of hearts, as well.
I used Jane Davenport ink water brushes
to add the color.
My handy-dandy tool to make the spreading lines?
A drinking straw :).
I made the heart area real soupy with water,
added the color one at a time,
and blew like crazy through the straw.
Aiming where the lines went.
I tangled a small line of perfs around the inner heart,
and wrote the word guard.
A super simple page. 
And I really like the way it turned out.
A beautiful reminder to . . .
"Guard your heart,
for from it flow the springs of life."
~ Proverbs 4:23 ~

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Brilliant! Now thats what I call INSPIRATION!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hope to do a whole lot more of this

      Delete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).