Saturday, September 24, 2016

Mandala Mashup

Mandala Mashup.
Basically you take four tiles and arrange them
as you see above.
Then you trace concentric circles
that cover all four tiles.

I started off with a couple empty medicine bottles, 
then a drinking glass, and a small plate.
You could use a compass but I have
never been good with those,
so I go simple with what is available.

Next I separated them into four tiles again.
I tangled them one at a time.
Tangle each one differently.
You will end up with four different 
little pieces of art.
When you put them back together
in this arrangement,
you have a mandala mashup.
I love it!

Perhaps you would love to give it a go.
If you don't have tiles,
just take a sheet of cardstock
(or white scrapbook paper)
and trace four squares the same size.
I used tiles that are 3.5" square.
Cut them out and follow the steps above.
Instant mandala mashup!

2 comments:

  1. Love the way you've picked patterns echoing each other on the diagonal quarters. Looks like you had great fun.

    ReplyDelete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).