Saturday, June 18, 2016

A Little Airport Tangling


If you have followed my blog for any length of time,
you already know how much I love color.
Bright color.
In your face bold color.
I love it!
You will also know that we recently moved way north.
Thankfully it doesn't reach 100-105° F here -
hallelujah -
but it does require me to make a monthly trip
down south to take care of my mother.
Which means a lot of airport time.
I knew that my last trip would include a two hour
layover at Reagan International and I wanted to 
stay busy.
I pulled out my Peerless Watercolor swatches 
and a Stillman & Birn sketchbook
and got busy.
I used a water brush and touched it to the swatches -
seriously that's all you do -
and laid down splotches of beautiful color
until the page was filled.
At the airport, I found a table at the food court 
and pulled out a Sharpie Fine Point
and got busy. 
If you look at each section of color,
you will easily be able to see what I did.
One tangle in one section of color.
There are a couple places where I carried
the crescent moon tangle over into another
section, but mostly it was one tangle per.
For this piece of art I used:
diva dance rock 'n roll
crescent moon,
tipple and printemps,
and that's it. 
Easy piece to create even if it does look a little
harder than it really was to make.
I have a product review on peerless watercolors
here
Bright, bold, and portable.
Just exactly what I need them to be!
SaveSave

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Alice! After Twinks and Tombows at Tangle Island, I feel brave enough to give this a try. It will be fun to see what the Rhonda take is on this. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i checked out Tangle Island - looks awesome! glad you got to attend!

      Delete
  2. Amazing, piece, Alice! Next month I'll take my colors on a plane as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just beautiful! What a great way to spend your time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! It's neat how you made the splotches of color your strings- thanks for sharing-!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for stopping by. i never know if people are going to like what i show or not. i guess it's that 'unsure' part of us that each of us has. haha! i'm glad you may have found a new way to use a string here :)

      Delete
  5. I'm surprised you didn't have an audience watching you at the airport! An absolutely wonderful example of what you can do when you have to wait for things - the watercolour strings provide such a vibrantly delineated area for the patterns & I particularly like the way your Diva Dances have resulted in 'flowers-like roses' of different colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i did have a bit of an audience at one point, haha!

      Delete
  6. Alice - I am enthralled by what you did and would love to experiment with this. What do I need? I have Tombow watercolor brushes and watercolor paper but am not sure what you used. I checked on Amazon and they have a set of 48 watercolor pencils with some bright and beautiful colors. Do you start with dry paper, use the watercolor pencils and then use a wet brush? I would love to take a class on this but there is nowhere in my area I can find one. If I'm asking too many questions, just let me know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.thecreatorsleaf.com/2014/06/peerless-watercolors.html
      here is a tutorial and all the product into :)

      Delete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).