Monday, February 22, 2016

Camouflaging a String

 I love making the string disappear,
make it vanish right into the tangling.
Can you see the string in the drawing above?

In my Facebook group Zentangle All Around
we are doing a string each day.
By the end of 2016 we will have 366 completed
works of art!
I tangled this last night.
Because I know what the string looks like I can see it.
Can you?
Here is the string I used.
This particular string is #51,
the string for February 20th.
Strings are meant to be used as guidelines.
You can either follow the string exactly,
or use portions of it.
For my tile, I elected to leave out the square borderline, 
but keep the string itself intact.
This tangling was done on a piece of scrapbook paper
that I bound into a handmade art journal.
That tulip band in the center is a tangle of mine 
called veez. 
It was published in Cris and Sonya's book
Pattern Play: a Zentangle Creativity Boost.
Everything else you see is a tangle called arukas.
I don't recall the specific story behind arukas, 
but i remember how to spell it
because it is Sakura backwards. :)

Yes. I can see the string very obviously,
and you can see it because I showed you the blank
string tile.
But my guess is - 
most people won't spot the string that helped
me create a bit of interesting art.
And they probably (hopefully, maybe) are going
to wonder how I created this.

So.
Camouflage your string line and leave them
wondering!


The Creator's Leaf

1 comment:

  1. It's a super feeling when you've buried the string isn't it? You're definitely a master at this - it's the way you make the tangles flow through that circle & yet everything is so integrated but free.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).