Thursday, September 17, 2015

Thursday String Idea #9

 Welcome to Thursday String Idea!
We are already on string #9, 
that is really hard to believe!
Today we have a straight line string.
Have fun!

You can download today's string here to print it.
The string is sized to fit onto a 3.5" tile.
Lately I have been focused on tangling in the round. 
Even though this is a straight line string,
you can still tangle in the round as you can see
from the tile I made.
Tangling in the round is as simple as using some
element of roundness,
whether it be round tangles,
round tiles,
or a round substrate.
If you'd like to get involved in tangling in the round,
check out my Facebook group called
Zentangle All Around.
To print out this week's string, 
just click here and it will take you to a place to print.
You can share your string #9 on
Zentangle All Around!
The Creator's Leaf

4 comments:

  1. Love your strings, Alice!! And that colored Mermaid is awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Flying Geese with the reversed orientation alternating really makes it look remarkably different & I was just bowled over by the symmetry of your whole tile. The 'round' elements really draw the attention away from the grid of the string & makes this a very eye-catching & dynamic tile.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so true that a straight "box" can be filled with a round tangle. Thanks for the reminder! I love that the tangles you chose mostly use curved lines to make the straight string pop!
    If I have time to participate this week, I'll be back!
    ~ joey ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I was running behind, so I wanted to check out idea's #8 and #9, but the links don't seem to work... Any suggestions (besides saving the as an image)

    ReplyDelete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).